Today I'm pleased to have K.C. King, author of the Tri-Realms Saga on my blog!! I met Kristie after both our books were included in: "Dark Muse." If you've not heard of it, Dark Muse is a free e-book that can be downloaded from Smashwords and contains a sampling from twelve different Indie Authors, assembled by Dave Fararro.
I was so thrilled to be included as one of Dave Fararro's "Rising Stars" that I made an effort to meet each of the other authors included in Dark Muse. It has been a real pleasure to get to know K.C. King and I wanted to introduce her to you, as well!
1. What do you look for in the books you read?
A unique concept, delicious characters and a plot that leaves me begging for more. I don’t strike it often, but when I do it’s insta-love. J
2. Who is your favorite author? Favorite book?
Oh, Nancy, that’s just cruel! Okay, I’ll have to narrow it down to three: Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice; Stephenie Meyer, Twilight; and Deborah Harkness, A Discovery of Witches.
3. What is the best part about being an author?
It excuses my insanity. Plus, how cool is it to create a whole world from scratch and then share it with readers? The biggest compliment is when readers talk about my characters like they’re real.
4. What is the worst part about being an author?
As much as I love it, it’s difficult to truly escape from my work. Writing isn’t like a traditional job where you can come home and leave it all there until the next day. It’s always just a mouse-click away, even when you’re travelling. It can be dangerous to family life at times.
5. What do you want others to know about you?
That I appreciate every person that’s ever taken a chance on my books – especially those that have been so kind as to leave a few words of encouragement. It honestly gives me the kind of rush that inspires regular fits of overexcited babbling....
6. What is the last book you read?
Fifty Shades of Grey. You probably haven’t heard of it.
7. Where do you see yourself in 1, 5 and 10 years?
Wow, that question really got me thinking. I’ve always had a dream of helping teens through education and sport. Both of those things were vital to me growing up and I’d love to pass that on. I’ve coached several netball teams (similar to basketball) and have seen the difference a good team environment can make to young lives in just one season, so hopefully somewhere in the next decade I can build on that experience.
8. Who is your favorite Book Blogger?
Lovely Lit is very supportive of indie authors and super sweet! http://lovelylit.blogspot.com
9. What project are you working on now?
I’m getting close to finishing up Oraecle, the first installment of my new Timing Fate series. It’s extremely different to the Tri-Realms Saga, but I needed a change and it’s been so refreshing to write from a new MC’s perspective.
10. If you could meet anyone (alive or dead) at Starbucks for a cup of White Mocha Latte, who would it be?
Honestly, I’m happy to meet anyone if a White Mocha Latte’s involved, but the ultimate would be Jane Austen. I’d love to ask her all about Mr. Darcy. She’s all class.
Thank you so much for inviting me to drop by your blog Nancy! Kristie - it was my pleasure and I hope to read your series, VERY SOON!! You can stalk Kristie at:
1. Twitter ID @k_c_king
2. Link K.C. King's Good reads profile: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1483318.K_C_King
3. Link to K.C. King's Facebook Author Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/KC-King/148817685223596
4. Link to her book on http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/k.c.-king
5. Link to her book on Amazon
6. Link to K.C. King's blog http://kckingchronicles.blogspot.com.au/