I'm gushing today!! Totally, absolutely, excited - GUSHING! Christie Rich wrote the Elemental Enmity Series: Five, Dark Matter and Genesis. I read each of her books in a day!! Everyone that knows me, KNOWS how I love strong heroines, Rayla is the main character and she kicks-butt, more than willing to stand toe-to-toe with anyone that gets in her way. You can check out my book reviews, because this is a series I HIGHLY recommend. Thanks so much for stopping by for a chat today Christie!
1. What do you look for in the books you read? Romance, baby! Oh, and there has to be adventure and mystery and suspense and…I’m starting to believe I might just be a bit too demanding, lol.
2. Who is your favorite author? Favorite book? Holy cow, is anyone able to answer with only one favorite author? I sure can’t. I appreciate the words of so many authors, but here are a few that I love. J.K. Rowling, Julie Reece, Rebecca Hamilton, S.M. Boyce, Nancy Straight (Need to read more from her J), Karen Marie Moning, I could go on forever. There is no way I can name a favorite book. There are just so many I love.
3. What is the best part about being an author? Stepping into any world I can imagine. Living through the characters I’ve found and getting to know them is a close second. Seriously though, I had no idea how much of a rush you can get by experiencing a story for the first time…discovering motivation and underlying secrets that your characters don’t want you to know. It’s so freaking fun I can’t even tell you.
4. What is the worst part about being an author? Doubt. Everyone has it, but worrying about how your book will be received has to be the hardest part of writing. It takes a lot of courage to put your work out there to get shredded, but it’s part of the writing gig so you have to learn to deal with criticism
5. What do you want others to know about you? That I’m just like everyone else. I would never want a reader to think they couldn’t contact me. I love to hear from readers and other book fanatics. It’s been so fun to connect with people all over the world. One of my closest online friends is from South Africa. What a great world we live in.
6. What is the last book you read? I’m nearly done with Entangled by Nikki Jefford. It’s been a really fun read, and I love a book that makes me think about stereotypes. I hate labels, but I still find myself flinging them at people sometimes. When a writer can make me question labels, I love that.
7. Where do you see yourself in 1, 5 and 10 years? On location writing my latest bestseller…or stepping down the red carpet to go to my book’s movie premier…or just sitting at home writing what makes my heart flutter and my head spin. It’s all good.
8. Who is your favorite Book Blogger? That’s like asking who my favorite author is—there are too many to name them all, but I will list a few. Rotten Apple Reads/ Alice on Twitter—I love Alice’s reviews. She gets so into them it makes me smile, especially her review of Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Oh wow, how did I miss her amongst my favorite authors? Love me some Armentrout! Lol. I Love Alexia’s Chronicles/ Alexia on Twitter, too. Remember that friend in South Africa? That’s my Lexi. She’s so awesome and doesn’t let life get her down. I love her snark and her reviews. Some others are / My Book Boyfriend Blog/ Terri on Twitter, / Never Ending Stories Blog/ Tt on Twitter, A Purrfect Read Blog/ Tiffany on Twitter, and Some Of My Favorite Books Blog/Tana on Twitter
9. What project are you working on now? That’s assume I only have oneJ. I’m working on Horizon, the last book in my Elemental Enmity Series. I’m sort of sad to see the close of Rayla’s story, but it’s exciting, too. I have an intriguing character named Seth that is chomping at Rayla’s heels. In fact, if I’m not careful he could derail Rayla from my subconscious track and I don’t want that to happen, so I am trying to keep them both happy.
10. If you could meet anyone (alive or dead) at Starbucks for a cup of White Mocha Latte, who would it be? I’d have to say Jane Austen. I just love her characters and admire her for pushing the limits of her time. What a brave soul.
Thanks so much, Nancy, for having me here today! This has been a lot of fun. I’d love to hear from anyone who would like to chat. Christie - It was absolutely my pleasure!! You can find Christie:
3. Facebook author page
4. Link to her books Barnes & Noble
5. Link to her books Amazon (US)